At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Austin. Whether that’s through our own business practices or selling energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on specific climates. The three below give our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Call your Austin Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass options or our best product for the Austin region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between our glass panes to provide extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room in the winter; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Austin Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.